I am an attractive, intelligent, witty, musical, multi-talented, honest, loyal, trustworthy, and committment-seeking Christian Man who seeks to love the Lord with all of his heart, mind, soul, and strength, and to love and treat others as he loves and treats himself. I also believe that a male partner should be faithful, sacrificing, sensitive, forgiving, and loving just as Christ loves the Church / the Body of Christ. On that basis, I am looking for a compatible marital partner who will love me even as I love her.
Finally, although I am from a totally African-American heritage, I fell "in love" with Hispanic language and culture during my 2 years of living / teaching in Central America, and actually am a certified Spanish teacher now. Why Not Learn More About Me? See the info below:
Richmon d, VA, USA
Faith Landmarks International Ministries
Ab out Me
5' 9" (175 cm)
Abou t Children
I have children and do NOT want more
Church I was raised in
Church I attend now
Chur ch Attendance
Maste r's degree
Field of Work
HS History & Spanish teacher
Bl ack / African descent, Native American
I am an attractive, intelligent, witty, musical, commitment-seeking Christian man.
Classical , Classic Christian, Contemporary Gospel, Gospel, Inspirational, Jazz, Movie Soundtracks, Praise & Worship, Soft Rock, Soul/Rhythm and Blues, Southern Gospel, Traditional Gospel, World
Favorite bands and musicians
Fred Hammond / Herbie Hancock / Stevie Wonder
Action/ Adventure, Comedy, Documentary, Science Fiction, Suspense/Thriller
Favor ite movies and actors
Titanic (Leonardo DeCaprio) / Lets Do It Again (Bill Cosby)
Favorite TV shows
NBA / NFL / PBS News Hour / History Channel / NOVA / Bad Boys
Basketball, Sports/Athletics, Swimming, Tennis, Traveling/Sightseeing
I ndoor activity
Aerobics, Charity/Volunteering, Computers, Dancing, Movies/TV, Music, Politics, Restaurants, Sports
My idea of a great trip
Including visits at Amusement Park, Historic Attractions, Eating Out, and Nightly Hotel Pool Swims
American, South American, Cajun/Southern, Caribbean/Cuban, Chinese, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mediterranean, Mexican, Southwestern, Spanish
T K Tripps / Ruby Tuesday
Virginia Tech / Virginia Commonwealth University / University of Virginia
I am usually on time
As for fashion
I'm a somewhat fashionable person
Betw een 52 and 59 years old
Within 100 miles of Richmond, VA, USA
Between 5' 0" (152 cm) and 5' 5" (165 cm)
I should maybe lose a few, Full-figured
Some College, Bachelor's degree
Chur ch Raised In
Anglican, Apostolic, Assembly of God, Baptist, Charismatic, Christian Reformed, Church of Christ, Evangelical, Interdenominational, Lutheran, Methodist, Nazarene, Non-denominational, Pentecostal, Presbyterian, Southern Baptist
Black / African descent, Hispanic / Latino, Native American
What I'd like to do on a first date...
* Attend 11am Sunday Worship Service
* Have Lunch at Olive Garden
* Take a walk at a park
* Go on a sight-seeing drive in the area while chatting and listening to Contemporary Christian Jazz or Gospel Music.
* Go window-shopping at a mall
* Have dinner at a restaurant at the mall
* Go to a movie theater located at the mall.
* Make plans for our next date while driving home.
My past relationships have taught me...
* That 2 cannot walk together unless they agree. (a confirmation of Amos 3:3)
* That I dare not be "unequally yoked" with a female partner (not just in terms of my "faith" but also in terms of "compatibility") regardless of the fact that she, also, is a Christian believer (a confirmation of 2 Corinthians 6:14].
* That if my female partner and I are in "agreement", then there is absolutely nothing that the two of us cannot accomplish (a confirmation of Matthew 18:19)
To me, being a Christian means...
Luke 10:27 | ",..Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbor as thyself."
I've been a Christian for ...
In five years, I see myself
* Re-marry, this time my being in an "equally yoked" [compatible] relationship.
* Honeymoon in Israel and then tour in Europe.
* Found a part-time Christian missions ministry that raises and distributes money for local and foreign missions and charities as I, my spouse, and the other missions-team members perform Christian singing and drama via local and regional touring to churches and Christian centers on a part-time basis (and possibly developing into a full-time philanthrophic and touring ministry).
* Re-Visit (with my wife) Guatemala, Central America (where I lived / worked for 2 years)
My favorite Bible passage is...
Luke 10:27 | ",..Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself."
Why is this my favorite Bible passage? Because Jesus himself acknowledged this scripture as he responded to a question regarding how to gain eternal life.
One final thing I'd like to mention...
My desire and dream is to one day find a woman to whom I can "say" this with all of my heart.. and that she can "receive / believe" this with all of her heart...
1Behold, thou art fair, my love; behold, thou art fair; thou hast doves' eyes within thy locks: thy hair is as a flock of goats, that appear from mount Gilead.
2Thy teeth are like a flock of sheep that are even shorn, which came up from the washing; whereof every one bear twins, and none is barren among them.
3Thy lips are like a thread of scarlet, and thy speech is comely: thy temples are like a piece of a pomegranate within thy locks.
4Thy neck is like the tower of David builded for an armoury, whereon there hang a thousand bucklers, all shields of mighty men.
5 Thy two breasts are like two young roes that are twins, which feed among the lilies.
6Until the day break, and the shadows flee away, I will get me to the mountain of myrrh, and to the hill of frankincense.
7Thou art all fair, my love; there is no spot in thee.
(SONG OF SOLOMAN, CHAPTER 4)